Battleship: Sink your opponent's ships by answering questions correctly.

B3. Changing improper fractions to mixed numbers

Remember: To change an improper fraction to a whole or mixed number, divide the numerator by the denominator and place the remainder over the denominator |

Example; Convert 19/5 to a mixed number...

Solution; Divide 19 by 5 - When we divide 19 by 5 we find that 5 divides into 19 3 times with 4 left over. We can write this quotient as 3 with a remainder of 4, or as the mixed number 3 4/5.

Or log in to play for credit.

This activity is tracked by Mr. L.. If you are in Mr. L.'s class, please log in for credit:

Retired Middle School Teacher and Coach
Buena Vista Middle School
Salinas, CA

This activity was created by a Quia Web subscriber.
Learn more about Quia
Create your own activities