In this activity you will create a Quia Java game that could include Matching, Flashcards, and Concentration using images. http://www.quia.com/mc/1618957.html
· You will need to have a Quia account
· You need at least 8 images that have been resized to 100 pixels .
· You will need to upload the images in the Files section of your Quia website.
1. If you already have a Quia account, log in. If you are new to Quia, you must create a free 30-day trial account. There is no charge for creating a trial account, but after a month, you'll need to subscribe if you want to continue using Quia.
2. You need to upload your resized picture files to Quia.
3. In your Quia site, click Files.
4. To create a new folder, click New folder. To move or delete files and folders, first check the boxes next to them, and then click the desired action button.
5. Click on Upload to upload the images. To add a file to your account, click Upload and then select the file from your local drive. The file will be uploaded to the current folder displayed below.
6. Now you are ready to create the activity.
7. Click Activities in the left menu.
8. Select the “Matching, Flashcards, Concentration, Word Search” activity from the drop-down menu and click Go.
9. Click on “Add Image and audio files”.
10. On the left column, you can getimage, and on the right side you can put the term.
11. Follow the directions provided in the Activity Editor. If you need help with any section, click Help. Don't worry about making a mistake. You can always go back later and make changes. No one will see your activity unless you want them to.
12. Once you have completed the steps to create your activity, you click Done.
Quia will display the URL (the Web address beginning with http://) of your page.
You can share your activity or quiz with someone simply by telling that person the URL. Once someone knows the URL of your activity or quiz, he or she can type that URL into a Web browser on any computer with Internet access to use your activity.
You can share your activities with as many people as you want. If you forget the URL of your Quia activity, don't worry. The Activities page lists all of your activity URLs for easy reference. Quia can even e-mail the URL directly from the Activities page - just click the icon next to the title of the activity and enter the e-mail addresses. Quia will send a message with your activity URL to everyone you specified.
Another way to let people know about your activities is to add the activity to your profile. Simply go to the Activities page and click the profile icon for the activity. The icon turns blue, which indicates that the activity is displayed on your profile. To add multiple activities at once, select the check boxes for each activity, then click the Other Actions drop-down list and select Add to profile.
Note: Other people do not need to log in to use your activities. Anyone can use your activities simply by typing in the URL. For quizzes, you can choose whether to require users to be logged in.
Other activities- - http://www.quia.com/key.html