********** WELCOME TO THE ART STUDIO ***************
Kindergarten through Third Grade are invited to visit the different Links that are listed below. Have fun playing the games and visiting the great art museums.
*** Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades check out the games after the Homework Sections. ***
Fourth and Fifth Grades, the HOMEWORK assignments for the THIRD and FOURTH WEEKS are below.ALL ASSIGNMENTS DUE ON FRIDAY-DUE ON MONDAY IF STUDENT IS ABSENT or BECAUSE OF A HOLIDAY-
FIRST WEEK-Drawing Book
1. Bring DRAWING BOOK, 9"X12", no LINES, SPIRAL only, 70-100 pages, purchased at Bookstore, Hobby Lobby, Michaels
2. Name the six visual elements and the five design principles.
3. Put your code on the bottom right hand corner of completed homework. These are your initials, student #, grade level, for example KT - 25 - 5.
4. Write down the URL on your homework cover.
SECOND WEEK-Visual Elements and Design Principles
1. Draw a border.
2. Inside the border draw and label the examples of all the Visual Elements and Design Principles.
3. Put YOUR CODE in the lower right corner
THIRD WEEK-LINE (Visual Element) and LANDSCAPE(genre)
1. Draw a border.
2. On the border draw examples of 6 different lines.
3. Label the names of these lines.
4. Inside the border draw a landscape using 12 different lines and remember to use the horizon line correctly. Use a horizontal format.
5. PUT YOUR CODE NUMBER, BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER.
FOURTH WEEK-Shape/Form(Visual Element) and STILL LIFE (genre)
1. Draw five geometric shapes and 2 organic shapes on the border.
2. Draw five geometric forms and 2 organic forms on the border.
3. Inside the border draw all seven shapes and forms to create a Still Life, horizonatal format.
4. PUT YOUR CODE NUMBER, BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER.
FIFTH WEEK-Values(visual element) and Portrait(genre)
1. Using a pencil, draw a value scale and show 6 values on the border.
2. Inside the border draw a portrait using the correct Scale and Proportion, design principles.
3. Review Design Principles (found on homework, Week 5, Values).
4. Remember to use value gradations on the neck, eye sockets, nostrils.
SIXTH WEEK-Color (visual element)and Non-objective art(genre)
1. On the border name the three tyes of Balance (See fifth week homework).
2. On the border draw the color triangle.
3. Use initials for the hues of the primary and secondary colors on the color triangle.
4. Inside the border draw a radial object using only primary colors. Use oil pastels or markers.
5. Draw an asymmetrical object using the complementary colors.
6. Draw a symmetrical object using cool colors only.
7. Remember to use 3 different scales for your objects and use a shaped format.
SEVENTH WEEK-Texture(Visual Element) and Abstract Art(genre)
1. Use a dark carayon for rubbings.
2. Make 6 small rubbings of objects in your home.
3. Create a border and wrtie a definition of focal point on the border.
4. Take the rubbings and cut them to fit the sides of the 2 cubes, one larger than the other.
5. Glue the textured shapes onto the cubes.
6. Create a taletop, on which the cubes sit and create an obvious focal point,(the larger cube), a Design Principle.
EIGHTH WEEKSpace(Visual Element) and Your Choice of Genre
1. On the border draw a vase/face image.
2. On one side of the border draw a design that represents unity, a Design Principle.
3. Inside the border draw a room using perspective.
4. Draw a table with 4 cubes stacked one on top of the other.
5. Draw 5 paintings on the wall representing all of the genres that you have learned this 9 weeks.
NINTH WEEK-ART GAMES ON ehsbr.org, academics, performing and visual arts, lower school art, quia web site.
1. Go the the above web site.
2. Go the the Exploratorium Link.
3. Go to the On Line Exhibitions, Learning Studio.
4. Check out Shimmer, Mona, Cafe Wall and another of your choice. In four sentences describe your experience at one of these optical illusions.
*THIRD, FOURTH, AND FIFTH GRADES CHECK OUT THE*
*GAME ACTIVITIES BELOW*