Welcome to the Biography Project Page
The Internet can provide students with biographical information which can then be used to produce written and oral reports in which students develop academic research skills. This biography project can be adapted to various levels of ESL content-based instruction.
1. Select a theme and appropriate subjects for student summary biographies.
2. Organize students in small groups.
2. Provide students with level-appropriate resources for research. (See links below.)
3. Provide students with a graphic organizer. (See handout.)
4. Discuss and provide examples of your expectations.
5. Teach students to cite sources.
6. Discuss oral-presentation guidelines and rubrics for evaluation.
Presentation handout available. Please email me at LMoody@pccc.edu.