Size Fragment Restriction Analysis Lab
Complete the log graph and answer the questions outlined in the lab.
Complete the Restriction Enzyme Lab flow chart for Tuesday, 5/16
Continue working on your Genetics projects by compiling information from books and the internet on your topic.
Chapter 12 Assignment
I would like you to create either
a. a children's storybook for children between ages 10 and 13
b. a cartoon book for children between ages 10 and 13
about how DNA replicates itself.
1. You may work as a group of 2 or 4. Single authors are discouraged (this is a lot of work).
2. You may choose partner(s) other than your current group if you please.
3. You must include the following information in your cartoon series or storybook:
single-stranded binding proteins (SSBP's)
DNA topoisomerases I and II
origin of replication
5' to 3' direction
Also, include information on these scientists (favorable please)
Watson and Crick
Meselsohn and Stahl
4. Your final project should be
fun to read as well as learn from
Project is due on Monday, 4/11/00 and is worth 100 pts.
Use your textbook, as well as the Internet Sites I have below in the Links section. Also use the MIT Biology Hypertextbook link, and log into LOGAL Express from your computer's desktop.
*****Please, no surfing in class - the sites I have selected are perfect to your needs.
- Homework helper with numerous links to many different sites.
- Encarta website with encyclopedic info, maps, news, homework advice
- Encyclopedia Britannica online, with online articles, book reviews and the latest news in Science
- MIT Biology Hypertextbook - excellent notes, many of which follow what I teach in class!
- Online magazine about science in the news. Often quirky, never boring - fabulous info for class.
- BBC Online Science and Technology ezine. Excellent material you usually can't find easily in the US, with a British perspective
- BBC Online ezine about health topics.
- The New York Times has the best science section going in the USA.
- Citing Web sources
- Microscopic Expressions site. Excellent information on microscope functions, Photo Gallery, fun-time Virtual Scanning Electron Microscope for you to manipulate!
- Virtual Cell is a terrific site with animations that shows the inner structures and functions of a plant cell
- Cold Spring Harbor's laboratory DNA learning site
- DNA replication site from Oregon State
- DNA replication site from Oklahoma State
- Sidwell Friends DNA site (hmm maybe one of you should do an online project!)
- DNA replication site from McGill University in Canada (eh?)
- DNA replication site from Illinois State University
|Last updated 2008/09/28 08:50:35 PDT||Hits 391|