CINCO DE MAYO 2009 WILL BE CELEBRATED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 24
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU MUST FOLLOW TO PARTICIPATE FULLY:
1. You must submit a copy of your chosen recipe for teacher approval on or before April 17th. Your recipe should be
from a source such as: library, cookbook, a relative who cooks or the Internet. They may
be compiled into a Cinco de Mayo cookbook.
2. Your recipe must be authentic Mexican cuisine.
3. You must be willing to eat what you make; in fact, you should have a "taste test" at home,
using a portion of what you make.
4. Bring only enough food for each person to have a tast, NOT A FULL portion. (Have an adult
help with this. Check the servings and you may want to cut back or leave some at home
for dinner or snack.
5. Foods should be in disposable containers, LABELED WITH YOUR NAME AND PERIOD
#2, 3, 5.
6. Please do not play to do any cooking, mixing or preparation in class. Your food should
be in ready-to-eat form.
7. I will accept your foods before homeroom on Friday morning, April 24. Be sure to bring them
early and in person.
8. If you have difficulty satisfying these instructions, see me immediately. There may be some other way for you to contribue (ie.,paper plates, napkins, paper cups, plastic forks and spoons, decorating, etc.)