Creating Online Games and Quizzes Using QUIA
When you use QUIA, you can create your own class page and link to any number of the 10 different kinds of QUIA activities that are available. You can either use ones that have already been created or make your own.
Below you will find examples of each of the 10 different kinds of activities and quizzes available on QUIA.
- Java games
- Word Search
- Scavenger Hunt
- Enter any number of URLs of websites you want your students to use to do research.
- Create a list of questions with possible answers
- Advantage -- you can focus your students' efforts.
- Downside -- don't make each scavenger hunt so long that it can't be completed in one sitting as the results cannot be stored.
- Rags to Riches
- similar to "Who wants to be a Millionaire"
- Basic and Java Quizzes
- Ability to mix different kinds of questions -- t/f, multiple choice, short answer, assigning point values to each
- You can create quiz sessions and have a record of quiz results by student and question.
- Picture Perfect
- Questions must be answered correctly in order to uncover a picture underneath.
- Jumbled Words
- A list of possible answers for students to choose from pops up when an arrow is clicked.
- Challenge Board
- Similar to the concept of Jeopardy