Welcome to 7th Grade Language Arts
This Week's Schedule
*To understand the elements of drama
*To understand how sitcoms use literary devices
*To identify and understand the elements of a teleplay
*To review and assess VW Units 1-6 vocabulary words
Professional Growth Day/Student Holiday
Tuesday, Jan. 22th
1.Turn in Compare/Contrast Chart
2. Selection Focus Transparency 45 "Define the concept of monsters"
3.Introduce new Genre Focus: Drama pg. 500-501 literature book and discuss Drama terms.
4. Assign character roles for "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"
5. Read teleplay and discuss literary devices used.
Homework: Sitcoms and Drama Homework Assignment due Wed.
Vocabulary Workshop Cum. Review Units 1-6 due Wed.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
1. Check VW Cum. Review 1-6
2. Continue reading "Monsters..."
3. Discuss "Idioms" pp. 70-72 Eng.Lang.Learners Workbook
Homework: Study for VW Test
Thursday, Jan. 24th
1. VW Cum. Review Units 1-6 Test
2. Continue reading "Monsters..." and discuss literary devices
Friday, Jan. 25th
1. Handout and discuss Appleworks Slide Show Project.
2. Watch the episode of The Twilight Zone "Monsters are Due on Maple Street"
CHECK OUT THE LAST LINK UNDER USEFUL LINKS FOR A REALLY FUN GAME!!!
AR DEADLINES and Tone Vocabulary:
Feb. 1 = 20 points - must read minimum of 15 point book
Mar 28 = 25 points
May 15 = 25 points