A TRUE FIND
By Linda Beachford
A book is bound in leather
With pages so wordy and frayed,
The feel is so well worn
Yet, it's words need not be prayed.
The chapters are threaded with plot
The suspense is gaining speed,
The printed word has power for all
Has the author planted a seed?
So grab a good book
The invitation is there
As we Read Across America
It's something special to share.
So on this new Millennium year
The adventures will open your mind,
Spell bound you will be
For a good book is a true find.
HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT BOOK?
1. Does the book look interesting?
2. Can you decode most of the words on a given page?
3. Do you know something about the topic?
4. Is there someone to give you help if you need it?
5. Have you read another book by the same author?