Greetings parents and wonderful students,
At the conclusion of the week of 01/26/01, all students should be able to answer the following quesions.
Food Groups and Calories
Instructor: Mr. Cole Name:
1 Based on your reading selection, how can you find out which nutrients are in food?
2. When reading a food group pyramid, where should you start?
3. Give three examples of foods in the bread group.
4. Based on your reading selection name two types of nutrients that are in foods from the
5. What is the minimum servings a day suggested for the bread group?.
6. How do foods from the vegetable and fruit group affect your body cells?
7. Name three nutrients that we get from the meat and dairy group..
8. What is the minimum servings suggested for the meat and dairy group per day?
9. What is the minimum servings suggested for the vegetable and fruit group per day?
10. Why should we go easy on foods from the fats, oils, and sweets group?
11. How can lack of protein affect a person?
12. How is energy from the food you eat measured?
13. Which has more calories, tomatoes or ice cream?
14. What happens if your body does not use up all the calories that you eat?
15. Who uses up more calories, and active person, or a lazy person?
16. Based on your reading selection, name two things you can do to lose extra fat.
17. Based on your reading selection name two foods that are high in calories and low in
18. How can a lack of calcium affect your body?
19. What food group is at the bottom of the pyramid?
20. Name two food groups
Please Provide The Correct Science Term
21. Measurement of the energy in food________________
22. Provide energy but have very few vitamins and minerals.._______________
23. Milk and mild products make up this food group.___________________
24. Foods like fish, steak, and chicken that are high in protein make up this food
25. Corn, carrots and collard greens make up this food group._______________
26. Apples, oranges, and grapes make up this food group.._________________
27. Rice, pasta, and cereal make up this food group._______________
True False- Write a “T” after each statement that is true. Write “F” after
each statement that is false.
28. Eating meat once per week will keep you healthy.__________
29. There are eight basic food groups._______________
30. Fruits are better for you when they are uncooked.______
31. All foods do not have the same number of calories.______
32 Every activity you do uses calories._____
33. The energy you get from food is measured in tons.____