WELCOME TO THE QUIA.COM SITE FOR CHSS, INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER STUDIES (DIC2) STUDENTS!
DIC2A--JUNE 21, 2000--MORNING (9:30)
ROOM LOCATION: CAFETERIA
WORK FOR TODAY: FRIDAY, JUNE 9
1. Complete Internet/Textbook search for terms given June 1 to June 7. You should have a total of 50.
2. Complete the pictorial history of computers by identifying all of the pictures. You may use your text as well.
3. Find the answers to the following questions:
(a) What did Joseph Marie Jacquard's weaving loom use? Look for 3 parts.
(b) What did Charles Babbage design plans for?
(c) What did Herman Hollerith's tabulating machine use for power?
(d) What do the following mean: ENIAC, EDVAC, ABC, and UNIVAC.
(e) What did the Integrated Circuit chip replace?
(f) What was the result of Large Scale Integration?
4. Pick up the Listomania puzzle and the WordSearch puzzle (on the side counter)and begin completing as part of your review.
5. Go to the websites listed below and begin reviewing for your exam.
YOU MAY CHECK YOUR EMAIL AT THE END OF THE CLASS.
LAST PERSON OUT OF THE ROOM--LOCK AND CLOSE THE DOOR AND TURN OFF THE LIGHTS.