Welcome to the Elliott School Persian Diagnostic Exam homepage at The George Washington University. The diagnostic test gauges your general reading skills to help you determine whether additional language study is needed prior to taking the Persian Language Proficiency exam.
Create a free Quia account. To do this, go to the Quia Web site. Click the link labeled "Create my free account." Fill out the form that appears. Select "Student" as the account type. Record or memorize your username and password. When you are done, press the "Create my account" button. You should now be in your account information page. Type in the class code DNK379 at the bottom of the page and press the "Add class" button. Now you're done! Come back to this page and read the instructions below.
Read the following instructions carefully.
- DO NOT receive assistance from anyone else to answer any of the exam questions. This exam must be a reflection of your own knowledge of the Persian language.
- DO NOT consult any materials, including dictionaries and textbooks, or make use of any other pedagogical aids while taking this exam.
- Now take the test below using Firefox or Google Chrome. You will be given 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the test.
- When you are done, print out the score. If you cannot print out the score at this point, do not worry. With your username and password, you can always go back to your account page and print out the score.
Consult the information below to find out if you need additional language instruction/practice.
Check Elliott School's Proficiency Levels to see what level is required to satisfy your requirement.
- If you have 120 points, you may be ready for the Persian reading and oral proficienty tests.
- If you have 100 points, you are recommended to take PERS 3002.
- If you have fewer points, please take the Persian placement exam at the Language Center's website.