Why nearly a half million people have already chosen Health Net Medicare plans...
- We tailor our services to Medicare beneficiaries. We know which conditions are most likely to affect them and the medications they're most likely to need. That's why we've taken such care to ensure that our Prescription Drug Plan for Medicare offers coverage for so many commonly prescribed brand-name drugs. Even if member’s physician changes their medications, their new prescription will most likely still be on our list of covered drugs.
- We make understanding our plans easy. Our plans are named after colors--we've eliminated the language that makes plans so hard to understand. Plus, we give prospective members side-by-side comparisons of our plans so they can easily determine which one is right for them.
- We show prospective members what their costs may be before they sign up. We've even gone so far as to eliminate deductible payments and other costs for most common services in our medical plans. Before members seek medical attention, they'll know what they're covered for--and they'll be covered from their very first physician visit.
- We strive for the highest quality care possible. That's why our vast network of contracted physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and medical professionals has been built with such precision and care--to give members access to the best care we possibly can.
- Medicare is a health benefits program for
- People age 65 or older
- People under age 65 with certain disabilities
- People of all ages with end-stage renal disease
- Medicare was signed into law in 1965. A brief history of Medicare is available at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/History/
- Medicare is administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Medicare law is Title XVIII of the Social Security Act: Health Insurance for the Aged and Disabled.
- Beneficiaries with limited income and resources should be encouraged to apply to their State Medicaid office to determine eligibility for various programs.
- Medigap insurance is sold by private insurance companies to fill "gaps" in Original Medicare coverage. Medigap policies only work with Original Medicare.
- Medicare is usually discussed in parts:
- Medicare eligibles may elect to have the goverment administer their Medicare benefits, such a selection is known as Original Medicare, or they may elect to participate in a Medicare Advantage plan offered by a private insurance company. These private companies must offer, at a minimum, the standard benefits offered by Original Medicare, however, they may also offer additional benefits and in a variety of plan designs. For an overview of the various plan designs often offered by these private insurance companies, please review the following,
Products & Benefits
Take a look at the various Medicare plans offered by Health Net, Inc., and those specific to Health Net of Arizona.
Health Net of Arizona's Competitive Profile: Medicare
How does Health Net of Arizona's Medicare plans compare to other companies such as Evercare or Humana? Take a look and see how we stay competitive.