Monday, January 22, 2001
1. Use the handout provided and go to the web site below (under "Useful Links") ,kisc.co, to get the answers to activity one.
2. Use the handout provided and go to the web site below (under "Useful Links") ,tqjunior.thinkquest, and click on "LENGTH" to get answers.
3. Use the handout. Measure 3 objects in your classroom using the standard English ruler. Use the web site in Activity 2 to convert to metric measurement.
4. Measure the smiles of 5 classmates in centimeters and inches. Record your findings. Use the chart on web site kisc.co to calculate the conversions from centimeters to inches to see if your measurements were correct.
5. If time permits, open your spreadsheet and create a spreadsheet showing your findings in inches and centimeters.