PERIODS 1, 3, 5, 6 Y 7
Spanish II Syllabus
Learning Goals Performance Scale Unit 1
Learning Goals Performance Scale Unit 2
Learning Goals Performance Scale Unit 3
We are going to start using Canvas for the textbook, workbook and activities. Please click the link below and follow the steps to log into your account.
That's a specific
website for broward school students. The students will login with the information below.
Password: PMM/DD/YYYY (the P must be capital)
CLASS NOTES LINKS BY UNIT
Unidad 1 Notas Gramatica
Possessive Adjetives/Pronouns Presentation
Unidad 2 Vocabulario
Unidad 2 Grammar notes
Unidad 2 Cultura
Study guide for Mid-term
El imperativo, mandatos
El imperativo negativo
Unidad 5 Vocabulario
Link for TABLA DE CONTROL DE ESTILO DE VIDA Y ALIMENTACIÓN
Por or Para
Hacer Recomendaciones Power Point Presentation
Gramática: El imperfecto y el pretérito
IMPERFECT TENSE PROJECT
TABLAS DE CONJUGACIÓN
POWER POINT PRESENTATION THE PRETERITE- SIMPLE PAST TENSE
Números en español
La Página de oro 1
La Página de oro 2
LINK FOR SUPPLEMENTAL READINGS IN SPANISH AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
RUBRICS FOR PROJECTS, PRESENTATIONS
Oral Presentation Rubric
IMPERFECT TENSE PROJECT
BUEN PROVECHO Recipe Rubric
If working individually, do a main course OR an appetizer and a desert. If working in groups of two, do the the whole meal.
Pamphlet information 1
Pamphlet information 2
Spanish Song Presentation Rubric
COUNTY COMPETITION PROJECTS
PROJECT CULTURE DESCRIPTIONS
PROJECT SELECT ONE: a poster, a power point presentation, a 3D model of an important hispanic landmark, or a recital of a memorized poem in Spanish to be presented in class.
Power Point Presentation: (15 slides minimum) The presentation can be in English or Spanish, have a Spanish song playing independently in the background, and use culture from one or several Spanish speaking countries.
The poster has to represent the theme for the year and the importance of learning a second language.
Poster theme: "What's your super power?" 2016-17
Poster theme: "Link and Think Globally: Learn a Second Language" 2015-16
Poster theme: "Languages are the pathway to college and career readiness" 2014-15
ORAL PRESENTATION IMPROMPTU COMPETITION
Spanish I and II Impromptu Topics
Students and Parents please check Pinnacle often to monitor progress in the course and to check for missing work and future assignments.
REMIND SIGN IN
REMEMBER OUR :
1. Show respect all the time.
2. Always come to class with your school material and homework ready.
3. Be an active student: listen, follow directions, and participate.
4. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
5. Drinks and/or food are not allowed (including gum, candy, etc.).
6. The Code of Conduct of West Broward High School will be implemented all the
7. Electronic devices are prohibited. They have to be turned off and out of sight all the time.
• Be on time to class.
• Make up work: if you are absent, it is your responsibility to obtain any missed work,
including homework, for the time out. It is also your responsibility to submit any work that
was due during your absence. It is also your responsibility
to check my web page regularly http://www.quia.com/profiles/mcontreras120
• Late work: if you are not absent, late work will be accepted upon teacher’s discretion, but it
will account only for 50% of the original grade.
• You cannot leave your desk without the teacher’s consent.
• Students must sign out/in when leaving the classroom.
• Do not interrupt the teacher, or a student, when they are talking, unless your question is
pertinent to what is being discussed.
• Speaking and using electronic devices during a quiz or exam without permission will result
in a grade of zero without the possibility of make-up.
• The teacher dismisses the class.
**Students are expected to follow the rules and procedures of the classroom as well as the rules
of the school. If a student does not comply with the above rules and procedures, he/she will
receive a verbal warning the first time, the second time his/her parent/guardian will be
contacted. If the misconduct continues, disciplinary measures will be implemented.
A safe learning environment is the goal of the World Language Department.
The links on this site are
intended as a resource for WBHS Spanish students. Every effort is made
to establish links that are appropriate in content. However, please be
aware that content on the Internet changes rapidly and we may not be
able to keep up with it. Parental discretion is always advised when
"surfing the web". Should you have any questions about the suitability
of a given site that we have linked to, please feel free to let me know
of your concerns at the address below.