Welcome to my web-page. Please check back here on a weekly basis to find fun science activities, quizes and other information.
To play games, go to the funbrain link below. The "secret word" they require is seton catholic.
CHEMISTRY – CHAPTER 9 OBJECTIVES
FOR THE ANSWERS TO THE CHAPTER 9 REVIEW TEST, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW......or go to www.quia.com/pages/chapter9review.html
The Student will be able to:
1. Describe the motion of particles of gas according to the kinetic theory.
2. Interpret gas pressure in terms of kinetic theory.
3. Show that the temperature of a substance is a measurement of the kinetic energy of the particles in the substance.
4. Describe the nature of a liquid in terms of the attractive forces between particles.
5. Explain the vaporization of liquids using kinetic theory.
6. Describe what happens on a particle level at the boiling point of a liquid.
7. Describe how higher organization and stronger forces between the particles distinguish solids from liquids and gasses.
8. Describe the behavior of solids that go into the vapor state and condense back into the solid state without passing through the liquid state.
9. Interpret the phase diagram of water at any given temperature and pressure.
10. Describe the formation and properties of plasma.
? Amorphous solid
? Atmospheric pressure
? Boiling point (bp)
? Gas pressure
? Kinetic theory
? Kinetic energy
? Melting point (mp)
? Normal boiling point
? Pascal (Pa)
? Phase diagram
? Standard atmosphere (atm)
? Triple point
? Unit cell
? Vapor pressure
The following problems will be assigned in Chapter 9:
Be prepared to have a daily problem that will require about 10 - 20 minutes of work. You will be working in groups of 4 or 5.
Check back here for informaiton about the first week's assignments.