Week of February 12 - 16, 2001
Happy Valentine's Week!
* We will be celebrating Valentine's Day on Wednesday afternoon. Your child is welcome to bring in valentines for his/her classmates to deliver that afternoon. We will be sharing treats and doing a special math activity.
* Thanks to Mrs. Farrell, we now have an adorable Valentine's project on the web! Many of you have already had a chance to check this out. If not, plan to visit us at: www.loudoun.k12.va.us/schools/horizon/grade1/Orr/love.html
Let us know what you think! You can e-mail the class at email@example.com
* Math fact awards came home last week. These were for those students passing the first 4 addition timed tests. Math awards will be given out at the end of each month. Please continue reviewing both addition and subtraction facts at home.
* Horizon's Skate Night at the Ashburn Ice House is scheduled for Sat. March 3rd from 7:30 - 9:30. Sign-up sheets came home in folders today. There are a limited number of tickets so send them in as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
* We are pleased to announce that our Flat Stanleys have begun their adventures. We are all so excited for our Stanleys to return in a few weeks and teach us about many new and exciting places. Look for our display outside the classroom in the upcoming weeks.
* This week's spelling lists are as follows:
Core list: then, them, how, out , about, she *heart, *love, *card, *Valentine
Challenge list love, card, heart, Valentine, hug, friends, *candy, *flowers, *special, *holiday
This Week's Homework
* 2 spelling activities in the spelling journal
* Optional Horizon Math
* Place value review page
* Begin working on your February Famous American project. The due date is Wed. Feb. 28th. You may wish to begin by reading some books and finding information on your famous American this week. Time flies!