"PENCIL TALK" Newsletter
Now is the "WRITE" time to "FALL" into writing. Students did very well composing acrostic poems and cinquains ( sin-kane ). Try a writing activity with your child on one of these cool, crisp evenings.
Acrostic - G randmother to Abby Jayne
i s always doing schoolwork
b usy wife, mother, and grandma
b elieves family is important
s trives to help others
Cinquain --- (counting syllables in each line)
instructs children (4)
leads them on the right path (6)
expects kids' best (4)
Ways for Parents to be Involved in Their Child's Education
1. Meet your child's friends and get to know their parents.
2. Visit your school's web pages.
3. Read and know your school's handbook.
4. Give positive feedback and show appreciation for teachers and the
5. Be a role model, be active in community service yourself or
together with your child.