Hi Boys and Girls!
This is Mrs. Roland your Pine Forest Elementary Couselor. I am just starting my web page, and it's going great! I am so excited to be able to communicate with you on-line about different issues that are concerning you as a student, and I can give some helpful hints to Pine Forest parents as well. Each month we will have a section that gives you tools for understanding school, parents, and friends. These tools are also useful to parents when they get frustrated and need help to understand your child.
Remember, you can always send e-mail to me at email@example.com if there is something you need help with that's not on the web page. Have fun reading the web page and remember to be safe out there!
<21 Memos From Your Child>
1. I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. I am only testing you.
2. It is OK to be firm with me. I prefer it. It makes me feel more secure.
3. If I begin to form bad habits, tell me. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.
4. Tell me about the good things I do. I want your approval.
(5-21) to be continued...
Tell your parents
Tell your best friend
Tell your teacher
Tell a police officer
Your're probably wondering what a dog like me can tell you about "playing it safe." Plenty. That's my job, but I need your help to prevent crime!
Here are some tips to help you, your friends, and your family to be safe. Keep checking for more tips each month from me !
1. Say NO to anyone who tries to give you drugs, except medication from your parents or doctor.
2. Say NO if anyone offers you a cigarette; marijuana and tobacco are very bad for you.
3. Say NO and go tell a trusted adult if someone tries to touch you where it makes you uncomfortable.
4. Always ask for your parents' permission before you go anywhere.
5. Always tell your parents where you will be playing.