Tips to help you practice on your own: Type as fast as you can while maintaining accuracy.
1. Click in A1 and type a category. Set a timer or have someone time you for three minutes. Make a list, pressing Enter/Return after each entry.
2. Write as many words as you can using only the letters in the top row of letters on the keyboard.
3. Write as many words as you can using only the letters in the middle row of letters on the keyboard.
4. Type out a famous saying and retype it at least 10 times. Don't use copy/paste.
5. Type a phrase that your mother uses frequently and retype it at least 10 times. Don't use copy/paste.
6. Think of other sentences or phrases and follow the direction above.
7. Number the lines from 1 to 20. Write 20 complete sentences that start with "I am..."
7. Type a main idea. Click on rapid fire and type as many related ideas as you can in three minutes. Use a timer or have someone time you.