Science Fair Projects are due as follows:
1st & 2nd Period November 28
3rd Period November 30
Oral Presentations will begin on November 29 - December 3.
Science Fair Tips
How do I keep a log book?
Your log book should be a diary of your science fair project. Write everything you do with your project in your log book...notes, ideas, things that are working or not working, data from your experiment or any comments you have. Also, make sure you date each entry in your log book. Finally, if you make it mistake...it's okay. Don't tear it out of your log book. Just make a note that it was a mistake. Also, it helps you keep up with what is not working so that you don't keep making the same mistakes.
How do I write my hypothesis?
Your hypothesis is what you think will happen during your experiment. It is a guess to your problem. It should be written as a statement using correct grammer.
Which brand of disposable diapers holds the most liquid: Huggies or Pampers?
1. In my opinion, I think Huggies will hold the most liquid because it is thicker.
2. My hypothesis is that Pampers will hold the most liquid because of its moisture panels.
3. Based on my research, I believe that both brands will hold the same amount of liquid.
Oh no!! I can't remember how to write my materials and procedure.
Your materials should be written in a list format. Also, your materials list should include how much of something your are using.
1/2 cup of water
2 small eggs
1/4 teaspoon of blue dye
2 small bowls
Now for the procedure.
Mix some water with the eggs, put some dye in the bowls.
Put the sticks in the bowl. Write what happened in your log book.
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of water with 1 ounce of blue dye.
2. Crack open the egg and add to the water and dye mixture.
3. Stir for 3 minutes.
4. Add one popscicle stick to the mixture.
5. Record your results in your log book.
Setting up your table of contents.
Table of Contents
II. Statement of Purpose and Hypothesis
III. Background Research
IV. Materials and Procedure
V. Results and Conclusion
Bibliography & Abstract:
We will do the bibliography and abstract together in class.
If you have more questions, e-mail me.