Welcome to Spanish 9th grade class (Spanish 2)! To be in this class, you successfully completed Spanish in grades 7 and 8.
Update: This coming week we will begin studying chapter 1, section 1 in Paso a Paso 2. The vocabulary is on pages 30-31. We will have a quiz on the vocabulary 2-3 days later. Use the hyperlink listed below to connect you to fun practice and games on chapter 1, section 1!
We will also review vocabulary and verbs from last year. There are many activities to practice materials in chapters 1-13 of Paso a Paso 1 by clicking on the appropriate link below.
Some basic principles of operation:
PREPARATION AND COURTESY
What you will need for this class for this year:
- 2 inch three ring binder
- 600 index cards, 3 by five
- glue to paste pictures on some cards
- "Paso a Paso 2" practice workbook, which must be purchased at the bookstore(Guard it carefully, or you will have to buy a new one, no copies from the booklet are allowed). THEY COST ABT. $ 10.00.
- book cover to protect your book, NOT STICKY
- Colored pencils/art supplies to work on projects occasionally. It is not necessary to bring them to class every day.
- If you need corrective lenses please use them! This is a class with lots of visuals and writing, so come prepared! You will receive no special treatment if you have to wear glasses/contacts and you leave them at home or if you don't want to wear them!
- Quizzes and tests count as 60% of the grade
- Participation in class is 20% of the grade
- Homework (properly done)is 20% of the grade
PART OF BOTH PARTICIPATION AND HOMEWORK WILL INCLUDE BEING PREPARED FOR CLASS. STUDENTS MUST COME TO CLASS PREPARED OR THEY WILL RECEIVE A ZERO FOR THAT PORTION OF THE GRADE AND THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET THEIR MATERIALS ONCE THEY ARE IN CLASS. PARENTS, PLEASE HELP YOUR CHILD GET ORGANIZED SO THEY COME TO CLASS PREPARED EVERY DAY.
There is no extra credit other than points earned during certain class activities. The basic work is enough to get a good grade if it is done properly and on time.
Mrs. Breindel and I have created many, many games to help students succeed this year. To access all of them, click on the hyperlink under "Favorite links" for Paso a Paso 2 below.
For personal help come in after school, or if possible, during one of my duties, place and time to be announced, or make an appointment. You should make an effort to stay during scheduled help sessions first.
After school help will be Mondays until 3:15 to start with. I will revise this information shortly after school starts.
I'm looking forward to a great year with you!
****PARENTS: I would appreciate knowing your e-mail address. It is a quick and useful source of communication, as well as a time saver. I also encourage a personal visit when it is necessary. To send me your e-mail address, please click on the link on the top right of this page. Thanks.