WELCOME TO THE PARENT HOME PAGE!
On February 7th, Holy Spirit Parish will be hosting a pancake breakfast to benefit St. Thomas School. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Liturgy is at 9: a.m. and the breakfast will start at 10:30. The parish is located on the north side of Lloydminster at 5120 54A Street. Volunteers would be appreciated.
NEW STUDENT HANDBOOK
2008/09 Student Handbook
TIPS FOR HELPING YOUR CHILD LEARN FRENCH
Learning French Tips
1. Early Dismissal - First Monday of the month at 2:25 p.m.
2. School Community Council meeting - Second Monday of the Month
1. Student Attendance/Absence - Please notify the office propmtly if your child is ill or absent from school. If you know of future absences please inform the office and you childs classroom teacher. Choldren are responsible for their schoolwork in the even of absences and close communication with the classroom techer is essential.
2. Allergies - There are students in the school with severs allergies to fish (all types), nuts (all types), and coconut, so please refrain from sending these in your childs lunches.
3. Parking - Please do not park in the bus loading zone from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. as busses come throughout the day. Please avoid the handicap spots unless you have a valid handicap card.
4. Milk cards - milk can be purchased for your child to drink at lunch. Either a $10 card (16 milks) or a $20 card (32 milks) can be purchased. Please send money on Fridays. Please send the money in an envelope marked "Milk Money" with your childs name and class.
ALBERTA SCHOOL COUNCIL ASSOCIATION NEWSLETTER
KIDS HELP PHONE:
This is a free confidential counselling service for children in need. Please let your children know they can call 24/7 if they need to talk to someone who can help them through a troubling part of their life.
Parental Support for Preparation for Sacrament of Reconciliation
Nutrition has become a primary focus in our school. Here are some fantastic ideas for creating healthy lunches and snacks.
After School Snacks Poster
Grab and Go Snacks
Make Your Own Meal Snacks
Suppertime Survival Newsletter
School Nutrition Clips Jan 2008
Parent Mentoring Program Newsletter
MAKING IT MEANINGFUL
The Alberta Association for Community Living (AACL) would like to announce that one of the workshops on Friday, March 20, 2009 at their annual Family Conference, will be focused on Inclusive Education entitled “Making it Meaningful: Educating Students with Moderate to Severe Cognitive and Multiple Disabilities in General Education Classrooms (K-12th Grade)”. If you would like to attend please fill out the following brochure.
Making it Meaningful Brochure
DENTAL HEALTH TIPS: