Generate ideas: Answer the following questions by using the
web links provided.
1. When did the first people come to settle Australia?
2. Why did Great Britain send convicts to settle Australia?
3. Why did other Europeans settle in Australia?
4. Why was their conflict between the Aborigines and the settlers?
5. Why did the British send prisoners so far away?
6. What made the British think that Autralia would be
a good place to send prisoners?
ACTIVITY 2 Australia: History
In order to develop a full range of research and social skills needed to function in a cooperative group setting.Students will complete a report on Australian history.
The learner will:
Research, write, and prepare a presentation on the history of Australia.
Reporters," students will do a report on an assigned group of people or topic. The report must include:
location, origin, major contibutions, culture, conlicts
2.Each group will research information and create a format in which to present it. The format must include:
3.Groups will complete "Group Rating Sheet" as evaluation of their developing cooperative skill.
4.Reports are presented.
GROUP WORK RATE SHEET
Name of Group ____________________________________________________
Students in the group__________________________________________________________
Project Name _____________________________________________________
Problems the Group is having _____________________________________
Completion date __________________________________________________
Steps needed to reach completion _________________________________
TODAY'S DATE __________________________