Welcome to Ms. Wiggin's Workplace Readiness Web Page!
Unit 1 This is your first session. Connect to www.actden.com/pp/ and begin the tutorial, "Meeting PowerPoint". You can open a PowerPoint file and practice at the same time. Unsure about how to do this? Talk with Ms. Wiggins. After completing Unit 1, take the Unit 1 Quiz. Good luck! Print the quiz and turn in to Ms. Wiggins.
Unit 2 Complete Unit 2, "Creating Slides". After reading through the tutorial, create a presentation using the template format:
Slide 1 - Title slide including name of presentation, your name, my name (Ms. Wiggins), name of class (Workplace Readiness), and today's date
Slide 2 - Text slide including information about how to Move from Slide to Slide
Slide 3 - Text slide including information about how to use the Outline View
Slide 4 - Text slide including information about the AutoContent Wizard
Save your presentation to your file. Print the presentation in the Outline Format and turn in to Ms. Wiggins
Unit 3 Complete Unit 3, "Making Changes".
Complete the tutorial. After reading through the information, open the presentation you created in Unit 2. Make the following changes:
1. Move the text boxes on Slide 1.
2. Add a new text box to Slide 2.
3. Copy the new text box to Slide 3 and add color to the box.
4. Change the font on Slide 4.
5. Create a new slide and change the color of the backgound. Add a pattern.
6. Save your presentation to your file. Print the file in the Handouts format (6 slides per page) and turn in to Ms. Wiggins. Show the presentation to one of your classmates and ask them to complete the Assessment. The Assessment is in the PowerPoint Notebook. You must also complete an assessment for another person. Turn the completed assessments in to Ms. Wiggins.
Unit 4 Complete Unit 4, "Adding Images and Charts".
Begin a new presentation in PowerPoint. While completing the tutorial, complete each slide as follows:
Slide 1 - Add shapes to your slide (include your name)
Slide 2 - Add clip art.
Slide 3 - Overlap yellow, blue and red stars on your slide.
Slide 4 - Add a table following the directions.
Slide 5 - Add an image from the internet.
Save your presentation to your file. Print the presentation in Handouts format(6 slides per page) and turn in to Ms. Wiggins.
Unit 5 Complete Unit 5, "Adding Motion". Read through the tutorial. Using your presentation from Unit 4, complete the following:
1. Add transitions to your presentation.
2. Add timing to your slide show.
3. Animate one of your shapes.
4. Show your slide show to Ms. Wiggins for assessment.