THIS PAGE HAS BEEN CREATED TO GIVE SUPPORT TO OUR READING COMPREHENSION PROCESS.
At this time we are practicing the Pre-reading technique
1. READ THE TITLE
2. MAKE PREDICTIONS ABOUT ITS CONTENT
3. READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH (INTRODUCTION OR OPENING PARAGRAPH)
4. READ HEADLINES
5. READ THE FIRST SENTENCE UNDER EACH HEADLINE
6. READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH (CONCLUSION)
7. NOTICE THE TYPOGRAPHICAL CLUES THAT ARE USED. MAKE A LIST OF THEM.
8. ANALYSE GRAPHICS AND OBSERVE THE PICTURES THAT ILLUSTRATE THE CONTENT OF EACH SECTION. (ARE THEY USEFUL FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE READING?)
At the end of this page, you can find the links that will take you to fully read the articles. Please select one to follow all stages of the process.
While you read, take notes if necessary. Then, in your own words write a summary.
Remember to visit links that are part of the article.
Bring your comments about the activity to our next class.