B. Type Objectives:
1. Measure copy/text in points using a line
2. Explain x-height, mean-line, base-line, ascenders, descenders, leading, and their
roles in measuring and designing with type.
3. Explain caps, lowercase, uppercase, small
caps and ligatures.
4. Define dingbats, bullets, rules, and symbols
and their uses in publications.
5. Distinguish between display (headline) type
and body (text) type by their point sizes and
6. List the basic type styles and their uses.
7. Distinguish between serif and sans serif type
8. Explain letter spacing, tracking, and kerning
of type characteristics.
9. Explain word spacing and the relation of em
and en in paragraph spacing.
10. Define line spacing and explain the
measurement principles for the leading of text.
11. Define the type arrangements: flush
left–ragged right, flush right–ragged left, centered, and justified.
12. Explain the difference between TrueType, Type 1, and Open Type fonts.
13. Demonstrate or explain the proper use
of loading, displaying and organizing
fonts using a font management software
application.er each question by clicking the correct answer.
Time limit: 35 minutes
Grading scale: 93-100%-A; 85%-92%-B; 77%-84%-C; 70%-76%-D; Below 70-F
|Please enter your name. (optional)