a.Personal-Business Letters -PRACTICE
READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND THEN ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE READING.
A letter from an individual to a business is called a personal-business letter. A personal-business letter should contain these parts:
Date Line The month, day, and year the letter is typed.
Inside Address The name and address of the person to whom the letter is being sent.
Salutation An opening greeting such as Dear Ms. Jones
Body The text of the letter.
Complimentary Closing A closing to the letter such as Sincerely or Yours truly.
Signature The writer’s signature
Writer’s Identification. The writer’s typed name and address.
To format a personal-business letter in block style:
1. Type all lines beginning at the left margin.
2. Center the letter vertically*, and then type the date.
3. After the date, press ENTER 4 times and type the inside address. Leave 1 space between the state and the ZIP code.
4. After the inside address, press ENTER 2 times and type the salutation.
5. Press ENTER 2 times and begin the body of the letter. Single-space the body, but press ENTER 2 times between paragraphs.
6. After the last paragraph, press ENTER 2 times and type the complimentary closing.
7. Press ENTER 4 times and type the writer’s name and address.
*To vertically center a document:
Use arrow to change from “top” to “center”
|This quiz requires you to log in.
Please enter your Quia username and password.