Welcome to AP Biology!
This is where you can find reminders about assignments and important upcoming due dates, as well as download worksheets you may have lost. You can study for tests using the activities and links at the bottom of the page. Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions or concerns: mrsabraham at hotmail dot com.
- Clipbirds lab is due Friday. Remember to include three graphs, one for each island, with three lines, one for each bird species, with the questions and data tables.
- Watch 17 and 18 video before Friday.
- Begin working on Lab 3: NOVA Evolution Lab at home. If you can't print out the packet (below under Downloadable Items) you can write your answers on looseleaf notebook paper to be stapled together and turned in when it's due. Go to the NOVA Evolution website to complete the assignment. The first four missions are required; missions five and six are extra credit. This will be due Wednesday, February 28. Video 19 will help prepare you for this assignment. It's a short video, so if you can watch it today, great. If not, it's assigned to watch over the weekend.
- Lab 2: Hardy-Weinberg will be performed on Friday, Feb. 23 and due on Monday, Feb. 26.
- Geologic Timeline is due on Tuesday, Feb. 27. Quiz will be given the same day. Use the Quia activities below to study for it.
- Sign up for which unit you will be writing a refutational essay in place of the essay test here.
Refutational Sign Ups
|Efra||life on Earth||Evolution|
|Mia||bacteria||Human Body 1|
|Dylan||life on Earth||Evolution|
|Amy||life on Earth||Evolution|
|Xiang||bacteria||Human Body 1|
|Mary||bacteria||Human Body 1|
|Lucy||bacteria||Human Body 1|
|Colby||plant reproduction||Plants||Sydney||bacteria||Human Body 1
|Leo||life on Earth||Evolution||Hope||bacteria||Human Body 1
Monday, February 19: PRESIDENT'S DAY: NO SCHOOL!
AP Bio Lab 2 Pre-Quiz is due by 11:59 pm TONIGHT!
Tuesday, February 20:
In Class: Evidence work due. Warm ups. Perform Clipbirds Lab.
Homework: Watch 17 AND 18 video, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook. Clipbirds is due on Friday. Be sure to include three different line graphs, one for each island, with three lines for each of the bird species. Work on Geologic Timeline.
Wednesday, February 21 SNOW DAY; NO SCHOOL
Thursday, February 22: SNOW DAY; NO SCHOOL!
Friday, February 23:
In Class: Evidence work is late; Clipbirds is due. Warm ups. Perform Lab 2: Hardy-Weinberg.
Homework: Lab 2 is due Monday. Geologic Timeline due Tuesday. Watch 19 video, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook.
Monday, February 12:
In Class: Lab 9 due (Lab 8 late). Warm ups. Adaptations PowerPoint. Species group assignment. Introduce Geologic Timeline project.
Homework: Watch 15-I video lecture, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook.
Tuesday, February 13:
In Class: Lab 9 late. Warm ups. Watch HHMI Ice Fish video. Begin working on Evidence for Evolution work.
Homework: Study for test. Extra credit online quizzes for chapters 13 and 14 are due by 11:59 pm tonight. Unit work is due tomorrow. AP Bio Lab 2 Pre-Quiz due NO LATER THAN 11:59 pm on Monday night!
Wednesday, February 14
In Class: Genetic Technology MC and Essay tests. Unit work due via turnitin.com by 11:59 pm.
Homework: Watch 15-II video lecture, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook. AP Bio Lab 2 Pre-Quiz due NO LATER THAN 11:59 pm on Monday night!
Thursday, February 15:
In Class: Unit work late. Warm ups. Watch HHMI: Desert Mice video. Continue working on the Evidence for Evolution work.
Homework: Evidence work due on Tuesday. AP Bio Lab 2 Pre-Quiz due NO LATER THAN 11:59 pm on Monday night! Watch 16 video, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook. Begin working on unit work for evolution unit (chapters 15-19).
Friday, February 16: FOUR DAY WEEKEND: NO SCHOOL
Monday, February 26:
In Class: Clipbirds is late; Lab 2 is due. Warm ups. Work on Lab 3: NOVA Evolution Lab on chromebooks.
Homework: Finish Geologic Timeline; quiz tomorrow.
Tuesday, February 27:
In Class: Lab 2 is late; Geologic Timeline is due. Warm ups. Take the quiz. Watch the HHMI video on sickle-cell anemia. TOP TENS.
Homework: Work on unit work.
Wednesday, February 28
In Class: Geologic Timeline is late. Warm ups. Begin working on Classifying Birds activity in groups.
Homework: Work on unit work; it is due in one week.
Thursday, March 1:
In Class: Discuss bird classifications with other groups. Finalize your own group's decision. Be prepared to write a 1-2 page essay on how and why you classified the birds the way you did. This is due by Sunday night at 11:59 pm via turnitin.com.
Homework: Write your Bird report.
Friday, March 2:
In Class: Warm ups. Evolution review with KAHOOT.
Homework: Classifying Birds paper due by Sunday at 11:59 pm via turnitin.com. Watch 31-I video, and read the corresponding pages in the textbook. Extra credit quizzes for chapters 15-19 are due by 11:59 pm on Monday. Tests over 15-19 are on Tuesday; unit work due by 11:59 pm that night.