Hello and thank you for testing with The Transcription Network. Please follow the instructions below.
1. MT INFORMATION: Click the first link below entitled New MT Information. Enter the username and password found in your email. Fill out the information and Submit.
2. ONLINE TESTS: There are 3 online tests - Medical terminology, Abbreviations/Slang, and Grammar/punctuation. All tests are timed. Once finished with all 3 tests, please send an email regarding your completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. After your online test scores have been assessed, the appropriate dictation files will be sent in order to complete the transcription and computer portions of the testing.
4. COMPUTER TESTING: While you are waiting for your dictation files to arrive, you can prepare by completing part of the computer portion of the testing. This involves downloading 2 software programs needed to decrypt and play the audio files. The downloads are free, and the software is good for 2 weeks without purchase. 1. To download the first program, you must find the appropriate program on the internet. The program you are searching for is called WavPlayer. To be certain you download the correct program, a picture of what you are looking for is at the bottom of this page. Once you have the correct website, locate the "Downloads" link. A download form should be in the next screen. Choose the Wavplayer in the Products box. Fill in the other boxes with your information (you can use The Transcription Network as the company info). Click Submit Request. There will be a password sent to your email that you will need to install the program. Continue with installation. 2. To download the 2nd program, click on the Kryptel link under the useful links on this page. When the web page opens, click on the Kryptel link under the Products menu on the left side of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the kryptel.exe link. Save the file to your desktop, and then install the program from the link found on your desktop.
5. TRANSCRIPTION TESTING: Create a new folder on your desktop named TTN. After receiving the email with the audio files and template, save the 3 audio files and the 3 MS Word templates to the new TTN folder. Go into the folder and decrypt the audio files by highlighting all files, right click on top of one of the files, and click "decrypt". Use the secret word as the password. Files will turn from a yellow lock icon to a red arrow icon. Double click the first audio file marked "easy". Double click the first template marked "easy". Transcribe. At the top of the page, above the transcription, type the word EASY in all caps. Bold the word. Put a page break at the bottom of the first transcription to create a new blank page. Open the 2nd template marked "medium". Copy and paste the template information from the "medium" template into the 2nd page of the "easy" template. Go back into your TTN folder and double click the audio file marked "medium". Transcribe. Put a page break at the bottom of the second transcription to create a new blank page. Open the 3rd template marked "hard". Copy and paste the template information from the "hard" template into the 3rd page of the "easy" template. Go back into your TTN folder and double click the audio file marked "hard". Transcribe. Put another page break at the bottom of the 3rd page to create another blank document. At the top of this document, add a number 1 via the numbered list icon. List the dictator names whom you just transcribed. Italicize the name of the dictator whom you enjoyed typing the most. Underline the name of the dictator whom you enjoyed typing the least.
6. COMPUTER TESTING COMPLETION: For the entire document, change the margins from 0.1" to 0.05" on top, bottom, right, and left. Run the spelling and grammar check. Run the word count. Document your line count on your 4th page as a bullet under your dictator list. Once finished, save your document to the TTN folder by re-naming the document "transcription_yourname" (i.e. transcription_dawnskodny).
7. Attach the completed transcription document to an email and send to email@example.com.
Thank you again for testing with The Transcription Network, Inc. We look forward to reviewing your tests and speaking with you about a position with our company.