Feb. 17 - 24, 2018
Be sure to keep your own personal record of your service and any time you have finished an activity you may turn your log sheet in.
Shiver to the River - Feb. 24 - many opportunities to help out. Check below for details.
Welcome to the Community Service Page for the 2017- 2018 School Year!
Your Social Studies Teacher has all the forms you need or see Mrs. Bryant in room 55 if you do not have a teacher.
To earn the Community Service Seal on the High School Diploma (not a requirement for graduation).
** A student will have contributed 80 hours or more to a qualifying group, agency or person such as:
Qualifying i.e CARITAS, Habitat for Humanity, Science Museum, Public Libraries.
Non-Qualifying i.e. volunteering at a pool to sell food or clean-up, painting religious buildings or classrooms, etc. see the link below for further details on this.
**If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines to go by For the Fall 2017:
a. Please turn log sheets in at the end of year school year so it can be logged.
b. Parents or students don't forget - To get weekly reminders about
Community Service options, sign up for REMIND text messages by
texting @hcpscs to phone number 81010.
++Parental permission letters can be done at: https://goo.gl/x418GU
How to get service started.
**Parental Permission Letter has been turned in.
*** A Log Sheet will be given to each student who requests one once it is
verified that the Parental Permission letter is on file. The log sheet
should be obtained from the student's Social Studies teacher or Mrs.
Bryant if he/she does not have a teacher.
****Log sheets-You may get these from your Social Studies teacher or Mrs. Bryant if you do not have one. Complete all requested information on this sheet and turn in as soon as you have completed an activity or by the end of the school year (which ever occurs first).
1)Shiver to the River - Feb. 24 -Flyers are available outside of room 55. You can run, help with river cleanup and do the "jump". Register at: shiverintheriver.com.
2) Manorhouse - Assisted Living and Memory Care: Volunteers are wanted. To apply please go to: email@example.com to apply
2)Motion Dance Troupe is looking for Buddies for their dancers who have special needs. You do not need to be a dancer yourself. Wednesday help is needed the most (but there are some Monday slots open). Time slots 5 - 6, 6 - 7, 7 - 8. Contact Ms. Dodge at miraclesinmotionva.org.
3) Great Smoky Mountains National Park Service Learning Adventure. Brochures are outside of room 55.
4) TILE (Talks on Innovation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship) is looking of volunteers - This is a student run organization and they meet at Twin Hickory Library monthly. For more details check the bulletin board outside of room 55.
5) Lakewood Retirement Community would love to have your assistance in the evenings and on weekends. Contact Susann Atienza at 521-9265 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Information on Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in "Useful links" below.
7) Henrico County Parks and Recreation information on "Useful Links" below.
8) Laurels of University Park:
Volunteers needed to helps with activities such as bingo, crafts, word games, etc. Contact email@example.com or 747-9200 if you have some time to give to our older population.
Useful links found below has more details about Community Service and organizations that offer opportunities.