July 14 - 22, 2018
There are a variety of activities below to volunteer for as well as link that will lead you to activities that maybe you have not considered ("Places to go...").
Volunteer forms are in the front office on the check-in desk as well as opportunities for service are available.
To earn the Community Service Seal on the High School Diploma (not a requirement for graduation).
** A student will have contributed 80 hours or more to a qualifying group, agency or person such as:
Qualifying i.e CARITAS, Habitat for Humanity, Science Museum, Public Libraries.
Non-Qualifying i.e. volunteering at a pool to sell food or clean-up, painting religious buildings or classrooms, etc. see the link below for further
details on this.
**If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for the summer.
a. Log Sheets are on check-in desk when you enter the building.
b. When you have finished an activity (or the end of the summer) turn this information in so that it may be filed and nothing is lost or forgotten. You do not need to fill in all of the "slots" on the sheet to turn it in - the sooner the better it is turned in would be great.
c. Place the completed activities log sheet in the appropriate folder that can also be found at the check-in desk.
1) Redskins Training Camp-link provided below. Applications must be in by July 30th. http://www.richmondgov.com/NeighborToNeighbor/TrainingCamp.aspx
2) JCC has many opportunities for service - Check the bulletin board outside of room 55 or see the information below. Contact person is Melissa Bunce:
3) Capital Caring - Help needed with games, reading aloud, being a friend, etc. to others who need a companion. Contact Renee Mann email@example.com or 804-398-8600.
4) Manorhouse - Assisted Living and Memory Care: Volunteers are wanted. To apply please go to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
5) Lakewood Retirement Community would love to have your assistance in the evenings and on weekends. Contact Susann Atienza at 521-9265 or email@example.com
6) Information on Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in "Useful links" below.
7) Henrico County Parks and Recreation information on "Useful Links" below.
8) Laurels of University Park:
Volunteers needed to helps with activities such as bingo, crafts, word games, etc. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 747-9200 if you have some time to give to our older population.
Useful links found below has more details about Community Service and organizations that offer opportunities.