Take a look inside Quia Web
You teach — we've got the rest.
What is Quia?
Quia is pronounced key-ah, and is short for Quintessential
Instructional Archive. Quia provides a wide variety of tools, including:
- Templates for creating 16 types of online activities, including flashcards, word search, battleship, challenge board, and cloze exercises. Quia activities are designed with different learning styles in mind to suit the needs of all your students.
- Complete online testing tools that allow you to create quizzes, grade them with computer assistance, and receive detailed reports on student performance.
- Access to over 3 million online activities and quizzes in 300 categories. All of the shared activities have been created by teachers from around the world.
- A schoolwide network that allows effortless collaboration with your fellow teachers.
- An easy, centralized classroom management system including a master student list, archive of student results, and the tools to conduct schoolwide proficiency testing.
- A class Web page creator that includes a course calendar and an easy way to post your Quia activities for students and parents.
- Online surveys for gathering student and teacher feedback.
The left-hand navigation bar puts all of Quia's educational tools at your fingertips. It's a great way to visualize at a glance everything you can do with Quia.
Explore Quia Activities
Tap into the international Quia network
The Shared Activities area is a great starting point for new users, with more than 3 million activities ready for you to play. There are activities in 300 categories, and more are added every day. All of the games were created by instructors using Quia's templates and serve as an invaluable source for material and ideas for your classroom. In the Shared Activities area you will find:
- Activities in over 100 languages, from Spanish, French, and German to
Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic — Quia supports character sets for
all these and more.
- Age-appropriate activities for all subjects, from alphabet and
counting activities to university-level economics, history, and
- Search capabilities by textbook, keyword, category, teacher, and
- Links for copying and customization of activities so you can
instantly share the materials with your class.
Create your own learning games
You can create your own activities on Quia Web using any content you
like. Choose from 16 types of activities, including flashcards, memory
games, word search puzzles, hangman, and even games modeled after
popular television gameshows. High-school Spanish, fifth-grade math,
university-level art history...no matter what subject you teach,
creating your own activities is easy and fast, and your students will
thank you for it.
Many users also report creating flashcards and memory games to help with self-study for standardized exams or to learn a new language.
Click to check out samples of all the different types of activities.
Track student practice time
Practice makes perfect, and when students do their homework, their performance improves. Now you can track how long each student spends on your Quia activities, to understand practice habits and plan review sessions before assigning a quiz. You can also use activities as homework assignments and hold students accountable for practicing in the lab.
Quia is your complete online testing solution
Hassle-free quiz creation
Not only are Quia's quiz tools easy to use, but quizzes can be
customized to fit any teacher's needs.
- Create questions from scratch in seconds, or import questions from Quia activities or outside sources.
- Choose from 10 question types, including multiple choice, true-false, short answer, essay, matching, and ordering.
- Include audio or pictures in your quizzes, if you like.
- Quia's Question Bank allows you to label and store questions, allowing you to make quizzes with particular questions or random selections from a subset. You'll never have to type the same quiz question twice!
- Assign quizzes to your classes, so students can easily see what is expected of them.
- Have students take your quizzes from any computer with an Internet connection, or even on paper print-outs.
- Select from a wide range of options for controlling student access during testing.
Instant grading and reporting
When your students take quizzes, most questions (like multiple choice
and matching questions) are graded automatically for you. Essay and
short answer questions can be manually graded and you can give your
students individualized feedback on their answers. Plus, Quia
automatically tracks students' test scores throughout the year for you.
After your quizzes are graded, data reports on student performance
become instantly available to you. These reports can tell you which
concepts your students are struggling with, which students are having
the most trouble, and even whether any of your questions have errors.
Keep students organized with your class Web page
With Quia, you can create your own Web page for posting homework assignments, schedules, calendars, contact information, and links to your favorite Web resources — including Quia activities and quizzes. It's fast, easy, and you don't need to know HTML. Distributing a class Web page means students always know what is happening in class. Parents will also appreciate being kept up to date with classroom activities and important teacher notes.
The Profile: Your world on Quia
Teacher profiles serve as a portal to everything Quia. Profiles combine your contact information with links to your activities, quizzes, surveys, and classes — all in one central, easy-to-access location. When you want students, parents, colleagues, or anyone else to get to your Quia materials, your profile is where to send them. Find an activity you love? Click the mini-profile at the bottom to find more activities created by that instructor. You can even search all teacher profiles to share ideas with colleagues and other Quia users.
Manage school and district curricula on Quia
The exchange of ideas is important in any school, since teachers often
become better at what they do by learning from one another. Quia
simplifies the collaboration process by providing a network specifically
for your school or district. Just click on the network to find and use
your colleagues' Quia materials, or to share the quizzes and activities
you've created yourself.
For more information on administrator features, click here.
Giving mass proficiency assessments
Quia helps you with the challenge of meeting state and district
standards by offering mass testing options. You can distribute an exam
to an entire school, grade level, or department and receive aggregated
results. Once testing is complete, use Quia's reporting tools
to generate detailed reports on your students' strengths and weaknesses.
Start your free trial or subscription now!
You can also visit the Tutorial Center for video
overviews on Quia's most popular features.