CLC Stage 38-39: Types of Subjunctive Clauses
First identify the type of subjunctive clause; then choose the correct translation. Here are the clause types:
* PURPOSE (UT) - explains why something is done
* QUI/UBI Clause of Purpose - uses a form of QUI or UBI instead of UT to tie something to the clause (usually the OBJECT of the main clause)
* Indirect Commands - has ORDERING, DEMANDING, ASKING (similar); you could take the UT clause and turn it into an imperative/command.
* Indirect Question - has questions words starting the clause; the clause could be turned into a normal question
* Fearing Clause - follows TIMEO or VEREOR (verbs of fearing) and uses NE for the positive form.