SUNBURN: How to avoid it. How to heal it.
Here are tips for avoiding a sunburn:
1. Wear protective clothing.
2. Use a sunscreen. Almost all sunscreens on the market carry a number called the Sun Protection Factor.
3. Use the shade from a tree or umbrella. You can enjoy the outdoors without being in direct sunlight.
4. Remember that being in the water offers no protection. The sun's untraviolet rays go through water, and you can get sunburned.
5. Be careful during the hours around noon. The sun is more intense then.
Suppose you still get burned. What do you do?
Cold cream works as well as anything. Cool water soaks are good, too. Some people feel vinegar takes out the sting. Taking aspirin helps as well, even before sunburn. Some doctors advise taking a couple of aspirin a day beginning three or four days before your outing.
|Please enter your name. (optional)