Functional Text Practice
Use the following set of directions to answer the questions below:
DIRECTIONS FOR MICROWAVING POPCORN
- Remove the plastic overwrap.
- Unfold the bag.
- Place the bag in the center of the microwave
- Set the microwave oven to high. Popping time is
from 2-5 minutes, depending on the oven.
Listen carefully. Stop the oven when popping
slows to 1 or 2 seconds between pops.
- Remove the bag from the microwave. BE
CAREFUL! IT'S VERY HOT!
- Open the bag by pulling opposite corners. Keep
your hands and face away from the hot steam
that will escape!